Getting ready for your Whitsunday Island dream charter is easy… we’ve made a list of the ‘must have’ items to bring on your boat to ensure you have a fun-filled relaxing holiday.
Things to consider bringing with you
Packing for any holiday is always a challenge… least of all one where you just can’t get to the shops easily for something you’ve forgotten! here’s a few items that we recommend you remember to bring. Have a question? Simply call us on 1800 689 520.
Ensure you pack in soft fabric luggage bags (not hard suitcases) the following:
• Sunscreen – 30+ UV Cream & Zinc
(avoid coconut based creams/lotions)
• Sunglasses, Hat & UV protective clothing
• Music – bring your favourite tunes
• Sandshoes – only white or light soled shoes are to be worn
on your vessel
• Games – bring any of your favourite games –
backgammon, chess etc
• Books – you’ll have plenty of time for relaxing and reading
• Insect Repellent – preferably roll-on
(No mosquito coils permitted onboard)
• A Beach Towel – we supply all linen & 2 bath towels/person
What about food?
Provisioning your boat
Being out in the islands is great, but it does make it difficult to take a quick trip to the shops to collect extra provisions. Planning and organization are critical to ensuring that your holiday is as enjoyable as it should be.
Here are a few tips if you have not been on a sailing holiday before:
• Please ensure all crew are ready to go at your
prearranged briefing time of 8.30am
• All shopping must be completed by this time
• Choose drinks in crushable cans, plastic bottles
and tetra packs
• Avoid bulky and hazardous glass containers
(wine, spirit bottles excepted)