Reasons to Choose Charter Yachts Australia
Buying a boat is a large investment and, to many owners, their boat is like a member of their family. You’ll want to have complete confidence in the charter company you choose to look after your “baby”. Here are the things that make us special:
- Peace of mind knowing you are part of a well-established, highly organised and respected business that will look after your vessel to the highest standards. Charter Yachts Australia has been operating successfully since 1992 and under the management of Annie Judd & John Mol for the past 16 years, since 2000.
- Assistance from our team throughout your ownership journey, from boat building contracts, survey requirements & obtaining appropriate permits
- We have developed one of the most modern & highly maintained fleets in the Whitsundays, with 22 vessels ranging from Monohull Yachts, Sailing Catamarans and Power Boats. Our expertise is comprehensive & varied no matter what type of vessel you choose to own.
- Our mission is to maintain a boutique sized fleet allowing us to offer personalised and attentive full service to our customers and stakeholders
- Our centrally located base of Coral Sea Marina (formally Abell Point Marina) Airlie Beach allows for easy & efficient access to maintenance providers & services such as mechanics, electricians, shipwrights, sail makers, chandlery & boat yards.
- Along with our central base for maintenance purposes, our Abell Point Marina office provides visibility & access to potential customers and ease and convenience for charterers and owners when taking the boat out including parking, laundry & storage facilities. Other facilities within walking distance of our base include major supermarkets and provisioning options, restaurants & shops, hotels & other accommodation. Airports servicing our region include Whitsunday Coast Airport (40 minutes by car/taxi) and Hamilton Island (1 hour by ferry or option to have your boat delivered to you).
- We are recognised as an exceptional operator in the Whitsunday charter industry being both a finalist in the 2013 Whitsunday Tourism Award for Unique Accommodation & People’s Choice categories and industry innovator as the first company in Australia to attain Eco Certification
Our Sales & Marketing
- Our experienced sales & marketing team will promote & market your boat to encapsulate realistic returns, with over 30 years’ experience between them specific to the Charter Industry
- Our marketing channels include print and digital marketing & media, trade shows and active association and involvement with key tourism & industry bodies on a local, state and national level. We do not charge owners for advertising and marketing materials and projects
- We have established strong customer relationships evident in our loyal repeat and referral business that is a major source of annual income, along with actively seeking new markets as part of our ongoing marketing strategy
- Ability to achieve average bookings of around 20 – 25+ weeks annually for the duration of contract achieving realistic returns with significant lead time in our forward bookings.
- Modern & up to date reservations systems in place ensuring reliability and ability to keep track of your past and forward bookings, including supply of monthly reports to owners.
Our Operations & Maintenance
- Our structured maintenance protocols ensure that resale values will be optimised at the end of the contract period and minimise expenditure throughout your ownership period.
- We pride ourselves on our transparency through our thorough documentation and communication, ensuring you are fully aware and informed of any work and maintenance carried out on your vessel.
- We only use qualified and highly experienced staff and trades people to deal with your boat on both a maintenance and operations level
- We encourage your involvement in the management and maintenance of your vessel. We acknowledge and understand this is your investment and are very much a part of our business
- We have a proven low record of insurance claims, acknowledged in our low fleet policy & premiums.
- Charter Yachts Australia also own & maintain a total of 11 moorings to minimise berthing costs during quiet periods. These are located directly out the front of Abell Point Marina allowing easy accessibility and movement of vessels.
Our Investment Plan
- Charter Yachts Australia do not claim any commissions for placement of vessels into our fleet allowing you to negotiate the best purchase price for your vessel
- Strong, well established connections with Australian & International boat builders and brokerages who supply charter vessels to the industry that are known for their quality & durability
- Assured reliable referrals for taxation advice & lending options
- We have developed a financial plan for potential investors that is realistic and achievable.
- Level of owner satisfaction is proven and one of the best within the Industry, supported with new boats being purchased by existing and previous owners.
- We will be there for you ever step of the way. So when it comes time to set sail across the horizon, we guarantee that your boat will be in immaculate condition and that you’ll have the confidence to be Master and oversee your own vessel in search of adventure.