In the event that you may need to cancel your Whitsunday Islands charter with Charter Yachts Australia the following policy applies. Feel free to contact our reservations team to discuss your requirements prior to cancelling on 1800 689 520.
What you need to know
The Charterer shall pay:
- a deposit of $750 per vessel on or before confirming and signing this agreement
- the balance of the charter fee at least sixty days prior to commencement of the charter period: and
- $3000.00 by way of security bond prior to delivery for all Power or Sailing Catamarans or non-refundable Bond Damage Waiver ($500) plus refundable Pre-Authority Holding Bond of $1000 for all fuel used to be paid for on return to base
- $2500 by way of security bond prior to delivery for all Sailing Monohull Yachts under 39’
- $5000 by way of security bond prior to delivery for all Sailing Monohull Yachts 39’ or over
In the event the Charterer cancels this agreement by notice in writing received by the Operator at Charter Yachts Australia PO Box 2062, Cannonvale 4802 more than sixty days prior to commencement of the charter period, the deposit will be refunded in full less a service fee of $300.
If less than sixty days of notice of cancellation is given, the full charter fee shall remain due and payable and will not be waived or refunded unless the Operator is able to obtain an alternative booking for the same charter period.
If there are no deductions from the bond it shall be credited to the Charterer within fourteen days of the end of the Charter.
In the event of any deductions from the bond for insurance excess or consequential credit card or banking charges, demurrage, repair of any damaged or loss of equipment, or any accident, breakdown, recall or repossession of the Boat, or other costs, the balance will be posted to the Charterer as soon as is reasonably practicable once the deduction can be calculated by the Operator.